The Department of Mechanical Engineering is looking to hire someone to join our Undergraduate Administration Office. Tasked with the smooth running of the department’s excellent teaching programme, this is a dynamic environment offering the opportunity to develop a variety of skills. The Department has an outstanding international reputation for both its research and its teaching. With an intake of 160 students per year, our MEng course is delivered by about 50 Academics and Teaching fellows. The course comprises two years of core subjects, covering the full range of interests for Mechanical Engineering, compulsory for all students; in years 3 and 4 the students then have significant choice and are able to specialise according to their interests. The variety is enabled and strengthened by the world-leading research of the department.
Duties and responsibilities
We are looking for an enthusiastic Administrator to provide support within a close-working core team to the teaching staff of the Department. Reporting to the Director of Student Experience, you will be involved with the:
- Exam administration
- Student inductions
- Administration of the teaching resource and electronic systems
You will be heavily involved in the face-to-face interactions with the Departments student cohort, ensuring a positive environment and timely responses to queries. The role will involve communications, meetings and events with colleagues in many contexts in the department and also across college.
You should be educated to a minimum of A-level standard (or equivalent)
- You must have experience of working in a high education environment, with direct contact with students
- Organisational skills, and the ability to communicate with a variety of people are essential attributes to this position
- You must possess excellent IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and Web Management
- Experience of developing virtual learning environments and dealing with admissions processes will be considered an advantage.