OVERVIEWDo you love GitHub? Are you passionate about engineering systems and developer experiences? Would you like to deliver happiness to thousands of developers within Microsoft? Microsoft’s Cloud and AI division is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work with us on the next generation of developer services and tools by helping engineering teams within Microsoft use GitHub and adopt inner source practices. The primary responsibilities of this role are to design and code new software and services to be used by tens of thousands of Microsoft’s engineers and the broader DevOps market. You will work extensively on building developer services that are loved and relied upon by hundreds of thousands around the world. If you are passionate about software engineering, are excited by constantly learning in an ever-changing environment and market and above all love to focus on customers and building products they love – we want to hear from you! We believe that being a great team member is as important as being a great technologist. We strive to live in a world where everyone on the team has an equal voice, is empowered to innovate and can make a big impact. While there are many tools in the tool box, we are passionate about Test Driven Development, Pair Programming, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Culture of Experimentation, Lean Agile, and building Diverse and Inclusive teams as a way of operating. If you want to be part of shaping the future of software development at Microsoft and the industry and this sounds like the right environment for you – join us!
- Design, build and validate scalable, high availability tools and services.
- Collaborate with teammates in various roles to plan and execute on key deliverables.
- Work in a culture of continuous improvement, adaptation, reflection and growth.
- Build and maintain warm and productive working relationships with internal Microsoft teams.
- In the first year you will help deliver and contribute to:
- A focus on the customers.
- Services and applications to enable the best developer services experiences possible.
- The culture of collaboration.
- A shared understanding of TDD and agile development practices.
- A focus on cloud native development.
- Adoption of inner source principles within Microsoft.
- 3+ years of professional experience designing, developing, and shipping high quality software.
- Preferred qualifications:
- Experience with use of GitHub.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Experience developing distributed cloud architectures and infrastructure.
- Experience with and passion for agile software development.
- Experience designing, building and operating highly available, highly reliable systems.
- Passion for building customer value.
How to applyVisit company website to submit your CV
Advertised until: 2019-06-23