L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
- L3Harris is seeking talented embedded software engineers to join our team! The Software Engineer will be involved in design, development, integration and test of embedded applications for Avionics and Aircraft Systems. Technologies utilized by the systems include C/C++ on various embedded platforms including Linux.
- Supports various design activities for new/existing products, predominantly involving low throughput/memory utilization requirements and design functionality that is independent of a real-time OS.
- Supports design modifications for existing products, frequently driven by hardware obsolescence situations or bug fixes in response to field returns. The design modification is usually of low complexity and typically requires minimal code modification.
- Applies basic software engineering principles and techniques to support design, development, documentation, and test/verification activities under the direction of his/her mentor. Begins to acquire product domain knowledge.
- Provides relevant supporting data for the lead engineer/mentor to use during coordination with Systems Engineering on interpreting requirements into software architecture/design, identifying traceability, and generating test/code coverage plans.
- Provides relevant supporting data for the lead engineer/mentor to use during coordination with Electrical Engineering on assessing the resource utilization of hardware required to meet performance requirements.
- Assists/supports Production and Service Station teams with troubleshooting methods of pre-delivery and field return products (primarily involving special test equipment user interface definition). Aids in generating root cause corrective actions when failure analysis requires software engineering support.
- Begins to understand/utilize internal L3Harris processes and tools for software design/documentation.
- Responsible for performing job duties in a manner consistent with established L3Harris Ethics Standards.
- Work is closely supervised. Tasks are weighted such that impact to the overall project is monitored.
- Develops solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope.
- Contacts are primarily with immediate supervisor, project leaders, and other professionals.
How to apply
Advertised until: 2019-08-17