OverviewThis is a professional support position, within an Aboriginal community, which provides administrative and supportive services to social workers in the daily provision and coordination of activities necessary for effective client service delivery and case management within the spectrum of Children, Seniors and Social Development (CSSD) programs as related to children and families. Responsibilities of this position include direct client/public contact, analytical and administrative functions. Duties include recommending and assessing eligibility for services in accordance with delegated authority, applicable legislation and policy; assisting in completion of background checks; supervision of access visits; preparing applications for benefits for children under the care of the Manager. MUST READ: 3 Best Freelancing Sites To Create A Professional Resume The Social Assistance Worker ensures appropriate documentation of case records; prepares and analyzes workload management tools; prepares files for and attends court as required; contacts service providers when necessary for the purpose of requesting documentation. Additional duties include assisting clients with the identification of community supports, accompanying Social Workers on home visits, and arranging case conferences and Individual Support Services Plan meetings. The Social Assistance Worker provides instruction, models appropriate communication and interaction between parents and children, as well as assists youth with a variety of life skill activities. Other related duties may be assigned as required.
Merit Criteria (What is this?)
- Degree in the Social Sciences (Equivalencies will be considered)
- Experience working with children and families
- Experience working within an Aboriginal community (asset)
- Office Administrative practices (asset)
- Knowledge of social work services relating to children and families
- Knowledge of information management applications
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal)
- Ability to think critically
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to manage time and tasks
- Ability to work independently
- Relationship building
- Knowledge of legislation governing the Department of Children, Seniors and Social
- Development as related to children and families (asset)
Conditions of Employment(What is this?)
Conditions of Offer
- Certificate of Conduct satisfactory to the Employer
- Vulnerable Sector Query satisfactory to the Employer
- Child Protection Clearance Check satisfactory to the Employer
- Internal to NAPE HS (if applicable)
Conditions of Acceptance
- Use of private vehicle
- Flexible work schedule
Applicant InformationIn accordance with the Labrador Inuit Lands Claim Agreement (LILCA) beneficiaries under the LILCA shall be given priority consideration. NOTE: Beneficiaries of the LILCA will be processed prior to those internal to the NAPE HP bargaining unit. This is a NAPE HS bargaining unit position and as per the Collective Agreement, applicants internal to the bargaining unit will be processed prior to other candidates. For more information about this opportunity please contact Jill Williams at (709) 896-3301.
- This position is considered a “Position of Trust” and therefore, a job offer may be subject to a satisfactory security check.
- The Government of Newfoundland and Labrador values diversity in the work place and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are legally entitled to work in Canada. Applications should be received before the close of business on the closing date – late applications with explanation may be accepted.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to submit an application that demonstrates the required merit criteria.
- Applications that do not clearly demonstrate the required criteria will be screened-out. All applications must contain accurate contact information, including current mailing address, email address and phone number.This competition may be used to fill future similar vacancies with the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador.
How to applyVisit company website to submit your CV
Advertised until: 2019-05-17