Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified and outstanding international students for Roy Goode Scholarship, who have achieved outstanding academic success and who have shown significant leadership qualities. This scholarship is available for masters students who wish to enroll in a degree program at Queen Mary University of London, UK for 2020/2021 academic session.
This prestigious award is bestowed in honour of the founder of CCLS, Sir Roy Goode and celebrates the 40th anniversary of the establishment of the Centre for Commercial Law Studies at Queen Mary University of London. The successful scholarship candidate will receive a full fee waiver.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Queen Mary University of London, UK
Scholarships to be taken at: Queen Mary University of London, UK
Scholarship Type: Tuition award
Scholarship level: Masters
Scholarship Worth: Full fee scholarship
Subject Eligibility: All LLM, MSc and MA courses in the School of Law
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Candidates are expected to posses the following eligibility criteria for the Roy Goode Scholarship at Queen Mary University of London, UK
- Applicants must a domestic or international students
Eligible Countries: United Kingdom, EU, Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Egypt, Ghana, Indonesia, Japan, Kenya, South Korea, Lebanon, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, South Africa, Taiwan, Turkey, Vietnam
- Students admitted into PhD degree program.
- The award is available for PhD courses in the School of Law offered at the University.
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent in the relevant field.
- Applicants must have MSc degree certificate or equivalent in the relevant field.
- Proven track record showing continuous scientific productivity in peer reviewed journals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Demonstrate capacity for effective independent work and as part of a team.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, motivation, flexibility and confidence.
- Candidates must be highly motivated, responsible, and able to work independently in a structured manner, has good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at Queen Mary University of London, UK
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the Queen Mary University of London’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Application Procedures for Roy Goode Scholarship at Queen Mary University of London, UK
There is no separate application. We will consider all applicants that have achieved a UK first class honours degree (or equivalent*), and those who are on course to achieve a First.
However, shortlisted candidates will be invited to submit a supporting statement to compete for this award.
We will be awarding scholarships at the end of March to those who meet the above criteria (subject to availability). You must have an offer for the course to be considered for the award.
Overseas equivalencies can be found on the School of Law course pages.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2020