L.B. Foster’s wholly owned subsidiary, Inspection Oilfield Services (IOS), provides inspection and tubular integrity management services for the upstream oil and gas industry. Services include non-destructive testing, inspection, and other asset integrity services such as repair and threading for OCTG and drill tools. Inspection and testing of these products, which include replaceable and reusable products such as casing, production tubing, drill pipe, directional motors, drill collars, and related equipment, is a critical preventative measure to ensure personnel and well-site safety, enhance efficiency, and avoid costly equipment failures and well-site shutdowns. The Company offers these services in every major oil and gas producing region throughout the United States
At L.B. Foster, our culture reflects our passion for integrity, accountability and safety. This culture is built on the quality of our workforce and a positive attitude toward continuous improvement, working in a safe environment and customer service.
We are currently looking for Quality Control Technician (night shift) at our Kimball, NE location.
Responsible for visual and physical inspection, sampling, testing and control of parts, products and raw materials to conform to established specifications, applicable standards of API and the ISO 9001:2008 Quality System. These Inspections and Tests will require utilization of various kinds of gauges, tools and measuring and test equipment both mechanical and electrical. Provides training to shop personnel related to quality processes. Provides on-hands leadership related to product improvement and problem solving.
- Provides training related to the quality processes used in the manufacturing process.
- Develop, implement, communicate and maintain a plant quality plan to ensure the products are manufactured in compliance with company, customer, API and ISO9001:2008 Quality System.
- Conduct and oversee the inspection and testing of raw materials and products, both in process and finished
- Provides hands-on leadership related to system improvement and problem solving.
- Supervises the use of various instrumentation for testing
- Provide feedback to plant operations personnel, product management and Sr.
- Manager of Quality on all issues concerning product
- Interpret drawings and specifications as needed
- Support company safety and environmental policies
- Implement product and process improvements
- Preservation of Quality Control documents and daily reporting of information
Skills, Education, Experience:
- 3 years of experience in a quality role
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Working knowledge of API, ISO 9001:2008 Quality System, Lean Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing
- Understanding of drawings, technical documents and specifications, as well as an understanding of manufacturing systems; i.e. MRP systems
- Knowledgeable in inspection and testing methods
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Core Competencies:
- Teamwork/facilitates collaboration
- Integrity & trust
- Continuous improvement
- Accountability/drive for results
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Safety and service oriented
- Team player
- Positive attitude
- Good problem solving skills
- Physical Demands:
- Requires the ability to stand up to ½ the time.
- Requires the ability to walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel over 2/3 of the time.
- Requires the ability to talk or hear more than 2/3 of the time.
- Requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., unassisted.
- Requires close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment:
- Typically works in a moderately noisy environment.
- Routine exposure to the elements, including working outdoors and in a non-climate controlled building.
- Repetitive motions.
- In return, we offer an opportunity to build a solid career with competitive
compensation and a very attractive benefits package, including health care coverage on the first of the month after hire and a market-leading 401(k) program.
If you meet the qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please apply online at www.lbfosterjobs.com