OVERVIEWThe purpose of your position is to “Serve Seniors in the Spirit of Christ’s Love” by fulfilling Auburn Homes and Services’ mission, purpose, commitment to service, and practices. The Nursing Assistant/Care Attendant is responsible for the provision of high quality personal care and services to residents to support the choices of residents, while maintaining consistency with regulations and established best practices.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows the mission, policies and procedures and safety rules of the facility.
- Understands/supports the Resident Bill of Rights.
- Follows Federal and state of Minnesota rules and regulations governing nursing facilities.
- Provides resident cares per individualized plan of care.
- Assists residents to meet nutritional needs.
- Organizes workload and sets priorities for resident to assure workload is completed on a timely basis.
- Uses safety standards such as: using transfer belts for ALL transfer/ambulation of residents, using proper body mechanics, ambulates/transfers resident per plan of care, and positions residents to maintain body alignment per policy and procedure and plan of care.
- Follow infection control policy/procedures.
- Establishes and maintains respectful communications with all employees, residents, and families.
- Attends required in-services.
- Attends/participates in continuing education opportunities to meet 12-hour minimum Federal requirement per year.
- Reports resident care information to team leader on a timely basis.
- Observes and reports changes in resident condition immediately to team leader.
- Shows respect for resident’s rights to confidentiality, dignity and privacy.
- Documents care/information per policy and procedure.
- Reports to team leader prior to and at end of shift.
- Uses proper chain of command to communicate concerns.
- Completes any other duties delegated by nurse.
- Participates/supports activities of facility committees.
- Must be active and in good standing on the Minnesota Nursing Assistant Registry.
- Must be able to safely perform the essential functions of the job.
- Demonstrated competencies in person-directed, elder/resident-directed practice, critical thinking, teamwork, self leadership, and interpersonal effectiveness.
- Demonstrated compatibility with AH&S’s mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.
- Satisfactory completion of facility orientation and specialized program orientation
Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Auburn Homes & Services is an EEO/AAP employe
How to applyVisit company website to submit your CV
Advertised until: 2019-06-17