The International Development Department, University of Birmingham, is pleased to offer one scholarship for our MSc in International Development (Governance and State-building), for the academic year starting in September 2020.
The scholarship is provided by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation and is for a two-year programme, with the successful candidate undertaking the full MSc programme, with a one-year internship being integral to the programme. The internship will consist of six months with IDD and six months with the Mo Ibrahim Foundation in London.
Worth of Awards
The scholarship includes:
- Full tuition fee
- Airfare to and from the United Kingdom and visa
- Monthly stipend of £950 for 18 months
- Arrival allowance of £950
- The remaining six months for the internship will be funded directly to the successful candidate by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation.
The entry requirements consist of:
- A first-class Honours degree or equivalent from an approved university.
- Good written and spoken English. For those whose first language is not English, evidence of this capacity is required.
- Applicants should reach at least level 6.5 in the IELTS or 580 /93 for TOEFL.
- Please check the University website for more information on English language requirements.
- Applicants must be African nationals domiciled (or permanent residents) in an African country.
- Preference will be given to scholarship candidates living in Sub-Saharan Africa.
How to Apply
- Applications must be received through the University online application system.
- In addition to the usual documents to be submitted,
applicants should also upload a 500-word statement and CV.
- This statement should set out why the applicant is the best candidate for the scholarship.
- Applicants must then send an email to Mrs. Debra Beard ([email protected]) informing her of their wish to be considered for the Mo Ibrahim Scholarship and their ID number.
- Please include ‘Mo Ibrahim Scholarship’ in the subject line of the email.