The University of Cambridge in the UK is accepting applications for Scholarship for the Masters in Sustainability Leadership course in the 2020/21 academic year.
The Master of Studies in Sustainability Leadership is a 2-year, part-time programme for working professionals. It is part of the University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership’s mission to empower individuals and organisations to take leadership to tackle critical global challenges.
The course is structured around 15 modules, delivered through a combination of residential workshops and e-modules. Further details on the course modules can be found on the course website. Assessed work comprises of two individual work-based assignments, a group research project and an individual research dissertation.
Due to the generosity of the Royal Warrant Holders Association (RWHA), a scholarship(s) is available for deserving British and/or Commonwealth nationals to attend the Master of Studies in Sustainability Leadership. In the course application, applicants are encouraged to apply to Robinson College as the College has provided membership for a number of years. Members of other Colleges are still eligible to apply for this opportunity.
Worth of Award
- The value of scholarships awarded will be between 25–100% of the Combined Graduate Fee.
- Funding is currently available for the equivalent of one fully-funded place, hence 1 to 4 scholarships may be awarded.
- 100% scholarships are seldom awarded, hence applicants should anticipate the need to cover: 25–75% of the fee from other sources, subsistence and travel costs associated with attending the residential weeks, and any others costs that may be incurred to fulfil the course requirements, e.g. undertaking research.
- Besides enthusiasm and commitment, applicants must have:
- at least a 2.i honours bachelor’s degree (or successful completion of a master’s degree) from a UK University, or an equivalent standard from a recognised overseas institution.* (If you do not meet this requirement, then please refer to the notes below.)
- a minimum of three years’ work experience after graduation
- demonstrable enthusiasm and/or aptitude for sustainability leadership
- good ability in written and spoken English language. Please refer to the detailed requirements here.
- endorsement from your employer or, if independent, from an organisation that will be the focus of your work on the programme
- access to appropriate computer technology and internet software
- the ability to pay the course fees or to identify a sponsoring institution.*If you have not previously studied in the UK, it is important to check your relevant country guidelines to ensure the qualifications you hold are considered suitable preparation for entry to your chosen course.
How to Apply
- The application is online through their websites
- To be considered for this scholarship, candidates must have applied to the Master’s
through the standard admissions process AND emailed a separate scholarship application letter the scholarship deadline
- Applicants requiring time to obtain organisational approval, visas to study, secure funding, and/or make travel or other arrangements are encouraged to apply as early as possible. You should expect to receive an update on your application status within one month of applying.