Applications are hereby invited from academically qualified international students who have achieved outstanding academic success for HDR Scholarship on ‘Teacher professional learning in rural Australia’. This scholarship is available for PhD students who wish to enroll in a research program at Deakin University in Australia for 2020/2021 academic session.
In Australia, Rural and regional schools are facing serious perennial challenges arising from the nexus of geographic distance, socioeconomic disadvantage, and significantly lower student participation and achievement rates than found in metropolitan Australia. This situation is mirrored in other commensurate parts of the world where regional, rural and remote locations translate into structural disadvantage and poorer educational and life outcomes.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Deakin University, Australia
Scholarships to be taken at: Deakin University, Australia
Scholarship Type: Fully funded
Scholarship level: PhD
Scholarship Worth: Stipend of $28,092, relocation allowance of $500-1500, tuition fees, and single overseas student health cover
Subject Eligibility: PhD research on the topic ‘Teacher professional learning in rural Australia
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Candidates are expected to posses the following eligibility criteria for the HDR Scholarship Deakin University, Australia 2020
- Applicants must a domestic or international students
- Students admitted into PhD degree program.
- The award is available for PhD research program on the topic ‘Teacher professional learning in rural Australia’.
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent in the relevant field.
- Applicants must have MSc degree certificate or equivalent in the relevant field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Independent thinking, and analytical aptitude for devising innovative scientific or technical solutions
- Demonstrate capacity for effective independent work and as part of a team
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, motivation, flexibility and confidence
- Candidates must be highly motivated, responsible, and able to work independently in a structured manner, has good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at Deakin University, Australia.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the Deakin University’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Application Procedures for HDR Scholarship Deakin University, Australia 2020
As part of the application process for the opportunity, candidates are required to take admission in the PhD degree coursework at the Deakin University. Thereafter, you must apply using the expression of interest form.
Candidates are required to meet Deakin’s PhD entry requirements.
Application Deadline: December 31, 2020