They’re looking for exceptional doctoral (PhD) students whose research interest complement our areas of research strength, as listed below: Faculty of Health & Social Sciences: The Influence of Serious Battlefield Traumatic Injury (SBTI) upon Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) Risk and Heart Rate VariabilityThe aims of the project are to examine the impact of STBI upon HRV and its relationship to other CVD risk markers in a cohort British Military Servicemen who have sustained recent SBTI. They will be compared with a matched cohort of non-injured servicemen exposed to the same operational environment.
Worth of Award
- This is a fully-funded PhD studentship which includes a stipend of £15,000 each year to support your living costs.
- Associated costs – such as fieldwork and conference attendance – will also be met under the Studentship.
- The PhD Studentships are open to UK, EU and International students.
Candidates for a PhD Studentship should demonstrate outstanding qualities and be motivated to complete a PhD in 4 years and must demonstrate:
- A 1st class honours degree or a Master’s degree with distinction or equivalent Grade Point Average (GPA)
an IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 minimum (with a minimum 6.0 in each component) for candidates for whom English is not their first language
- In addition to satisfying minimum entry criteria, BU will look closely at the qualities, skills and background of each candidate and what they can bring to their chosen research project in order to ensure successful completion.
- Applicants will be asked to submit an online application form and a proposal (approximately 1500 words) outlining their understanding of the project for which they are applying, the approach they would envisage taking and what qualities they will bring to the research community.
- Current BU Doctoral students are not eligible to apply for a Studentship
- Current MRes/MPhil students can apply, subject to satisfactory completion of their
- Research Degree prior to being able to take up the award
- PhD Studentships cannot be used to support BU staff to complete doctoral programmes
- Each Studentship has its own criteria that candidates need to fulfil, in terms of knowledge and/or expertise. In addition, we will look closely at your qualities, skills and background to determine what you could bring to a specific research project.
How to Apply
- To apply, click the green Apply Now button on the Studentship page and complete the online application form.
- You will then be taken to our online application portal, myHub.
- You will need to create an account and complete the application form in full.
- You can save the form as you go, enabling you to return to it at as many times as you
want before submitting.
- The form is split into tabbed sections.
- As you complete each of the tabbed sections they will turn green – only click submit once all of your tabs are highlighted green.