Applications are hereby invited from eligible and outstanding international PhD students for Studentship in Multilingual Speech Recognition Scholarship at University of Sheffield in UK for 2020/2021 academic session.
This studentship project will be focusing on developing novel methods for the construction of automatic speech recognisers that are capable of transcribing speech in multiple languages. The motivation for multilingual speech recognition is two-fold. Building recognisers is difficult for many languages where low amounts of data are available for training.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Sheffield, UK
Scholarships to be taken at: University of Sheffield, UK
Scholarship Type: Fully funded
Scholarship level: PhD
Scholarship Worth: Full tuition fee with stipend of £15,285 for three years
Subject Eligibility: (MSc) in Computer Science
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Candidates are expected to posses the following eligibility criteria for the fully funded Department of Computer Science Scholarship at University of Sheffield in UK
- Candidates must be international students
- Students admitted into PhD degree program.
- The award is available for PhD in Computer Science courses offered at the University.
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicants must have a (MSc) in Computer Science degree certificate or equivalent.
- Candidates must be highly motivated, responsible, and able to work independently in a structured manner has good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at University of Sheffield, UK .
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of Sheffield’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Application Procedures for fully funded Department of Computer Science at University of Sheffield in UK
To apply for the scholarship project, applicants need to apply directly to the University of Sheffield using the online application system. Complete an application for admission to the standard Computer Science PhD program http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/postgraduate/research/apply.
Application Deadline: July 2020