British Petroleum Company plc and the American Field Service (AFS) are inviting applications for 2020 BP Global STEM Academies scholarships.
BP and AFS have partnered to host the BP Global STEM Academies, four-week programmes in Brazil, Egypt, India, and the USA focusing on science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) and global competence education. The program culminates with team projects and presentations that offer potential solutions to real-world challenges, with an emphasis on climate change and the energy transition.
Scholarship winners will enrich their STEM knowledge and skills through interactive, hands-on curriculum, while developing critical global competencies, including problem-solving, analytical skills, intercultural understanding, and the ability to build bridges across cultures. The program culminates with team projects and presentations that offer potential solutions to real-world challenges, with an emphasis on climate change and the energy transition. The program is only available via scholarship award
BP is a global energy company with a wide reach across the world’s energy system. The energy we produce serves to power economic growth and lift people out of poverty. In the future, the way heat, light and mobility are delivered will change.
Worth of Award
- BP and AFS have partnered to develop the BP Global STEM Academies scholarships and BP has provided funding for 110 full scholarships.
- Your scholarship covers the AFS program fee, domestic and international airfares, your visa (if necessary), government fees to obtain a passport (if needed), and all program costs, including meals and housing.
- For the 2020 BP Global STEM Academies scholarships, AFS is identifying and selecting scholarship recipients from Brazil, China, Egypt, Germany, Ghana, India, Mexico, South
Africa and the USA.
- If you are dreaming about becoming a game developer, coder, engineer, or future innovator, a STEM-focused program is a great opportunity. Get the critical skills you need, while engaging with people from around the world and exploring a new and exciting culture.
- Must be born between December 1, 2002, and June 1, 2005
- The ability to participate fully in a classroom and program conducted entirely in English
- Demonstrated interest in STEM, study abroad and interacting with different cultures
- Willingness to attend all four Academy destinations – Brazil, Egypt, India or the USA
- Ability and willingness to travel unaccompanied abroad
- Interested in exploring new cultures
- Talented young people from all backgrounds who reflect the diversity of populations around the world, particularly young women and students with financial need, are encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Applications to be done online. See the link below