Soka University – Japan is pleased to offer Foundation for Education Scholarship to international students who have achieved outstanding academic success. This scholarship is available for undergraduate students who wish to enroll in a degree program at the University in Japan for 2020/2021 academic session.
International students who are enrolled in the Undergraduate Program of Soka University, who are experiencing difficulty in continuing enrollment because of financial strain, are eligible. Overall GPA is equal to or above 3.5 – JPY 50,000 per month x 12 months (JPY 600,000 per year), Overall GPA is equal to or above 2.8 and below 3.5 – JPY 40,000 per month x 12 months (JPY 480,000 per year), Overall GPA is equal to or above 2.2 and below 2.8 – JPY 30,000 per month x 12 months (JPY 360,000 per year). Note: The Grade Point Average (GPA) at Soka is calculated on a 4.0 scale.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Soka University, Japan
Scholarships to be taken at: Soka University, Japan
Scholarship Type: Tuition award
Scholarship level: Undergraduate
Scholarship Worth: JPY (30,000 – 50,000)
Subject Eligibility: Various courses offered at the University
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Candidates are expected to posses the following eligibility criteria for the Foundation for Education Scholarship at Soka University, Japan
- Applicants must be international students.
- Students admitted into undergraduate degree program.
- The award is available for undergraduate courses offered at the University.
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicants must have a High school certificate or equivalent.
- Candidates must be highly motivated, responsible, and able to work independently in a structured manner and has good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at Soka University, Japan
- Application process based on merit and evidence of leadership.
English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the Soka University’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Application Procedures for Foundation for Education Scholarship at Soka University, Japan
Eligible candidates who have successfully applied for an undergraduate course at Soka University before the deadline will be eligible to send their application for this educational award. The procedures are explained after enrollment at the scholarship orientation for international students.
Continuing students (those who will become second, third or fourth year students): The application will occur after the orientation session to be held in December.
Application Deadline: November 1, 2020