The Energy and Environment Partnership Trust Fund (EEP Africa calls for Proposals on Clean Energy Solutions Powering Green Growth in 2020.
EEP Africa invites innovative project developers to submit applications for early-stage clean energy projects in the active development phase in Southern and East Africa. Projects will be evaluated based on Concept Innovation, Development Impact, and Business Model & Financial Sustainability. All applications need to demonstrate a clear need and additionality for EEP Africa financing.
The Energy and Environment Partnership Trust Fund (EEP Africa) is a clean energy financing facility hosted and managed by the Nordic Development Fund (NDF) with funding from Austria, Finland and NDF. It is guided by a vision for a climate-resilient, zero-carbon future with the aim of contributing to the achievement of the Paris Agreement on climate change and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
EEP Africa provides early-stage grant and catalytic financing to innovative clean energy projects, technologies and business models in 15 countries across Southern and East Africa. Since 2010, EEP Africa has committed more than EUR 70 million to 250 pioneering projects.
Worth of Award
- Applicants can apply for grants and repayable grants between EUR 200,000 —500,000.
- The minimum required co-financing is 30% of the total project budget.
- Projects with a focus on the preparation of feasibility studies for an on-grid and/or utility-scale development, which is approaching a clearly definable financial close, are considered for repayable grants.
- All other projects are eligible for grant financing.
- Companies, start-ups and social enterprises with early-stage projects in one or more of the EEP Africa target countries are welcome to apply.
- Applications from women entrepreneurs and women-led companies are strongly encouraged.
- All applicants must meet the eligibility criteria defined in the Application Guidelines.
How to Apply
- Please carefully read the Application Guidelines before beginning the application process.
- All applications are to be submitted through an online Concept Note form in the EEP Portal.
- All applicants must register for the application process and use of the online application tool.
- No other forms of application will be accepted.
- Instructions for using the EEP Portal can be found in the Application Guidelines.
- During the call, you can continue/edit your application by signing in with the same account. Once you have fully completed your application (Concept Note), submit it to EEP Africa by pressing ‘Submit’.
- After submission changes to the Concept Note are no longer possible.
Deadline: Applications close March 10 2020
Click here for more details and to apply