Easy Steps To Apply For Job Permit In The USA

For a lot of people, it is a dream to get into the United States of America, to live and raise great children, obviously because there are tons of opportunities in the U.S, thanks to the country’s founding fathers.

However, getting into the USA is not an easy feat, there are certain criteria you must meet in other to be considered entry into the country.

Essentially, to work in the United States of America, the laws states that you must be a citizen or have acquired a permanent resident document in the country. If this is not the case, you will need an Employment Authorization Document, EAD, to prove that you are eligible to work.

JUST IN: Failed To Get That Job? Take This Next Line Of Action

Your employer is mandated by law to verify the documents, failure to do so leads to illegality. Therefore, it is binding on the employer and employee to ensure all the necessary documents are available and valid.

Are Foreigners Allowed To Work In The USA?

In the United States of America, there are different categories of workers from outside the country that can work, they include foreigners who have acquired permanent or temporary immigrant document, exchange workers and foreign students.

Basically, the categories of workers permitted to work in the USA are her citizens, lawful permanent residents, and foreign nationals of the United States, with legal documentation.

Types Of Foreigners Authorized To Work In The USA

Temporary Workers: There workers gain entrance into the United States using non-immigrant visa. They are permitted to work temporary in the US, restricted to the reasons stated in their visa. They can’t get a permanent job, even if they were over-qualified for the job because it would contradict the data on their visa.

Permanent Workers: These set of people have full legal backing to live and work

in the United States, they can take up any kind of jobs and be payed as their counterpart who are citizens of the USA.

Exchange Visitors and Students Workers: Students can obtain a working permit to work in the USA, however they have to obtain to an authorized official at their school. The authorized official is known as a Designed School Official (DSO) for students and the Responsible Officer (RO) for exchange visitors.

How To Get A Permit To Work In The USA

An Employment Authorization Document (EAD), also known as an EAD card, work permit, or working permit, is a document issued by United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). This document proves that the recipient of the card is the rightful holder and his authorized to work in the USA.

Normally, the EAD is a plastic card that is usually valid for one year and is renewable and replaceable. Applicants for an EAD can request for permission to accept employment, replacement (of a lost EAD), renewal of permission to accept employment.

Once you decide to work in the USA, ensure you already have a prepared resume, if don’t have one, you will need to create a resume in other to be short listed in a job listing.

How To Get An EAD

Normally, US US citizens and permanent residents do not need an Employment Authorization Document or any other working permit to work in the United States, aside than their Green Card.

The Employment Authorization Document is a legal document that shows you are eligible to work in the United States.

The following categories of foreign workers are eligible to apply for an Employment Authorization Document:

  • Asylees and asylum seekers
  • Refugees
  • Students seeking particular types of employment
  • Foreign nationals in the United States pursuing the final stage of permanent residence
  • Nationals of certain countries given Temporary Protected Status (TPS) due to conditions in their home countries
  • Fiances and spouses of U.S. citizens
  • Dependents of foreign government officials
  • J-2 spouses or minor children of exchange visitors

How to Apply for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD)

Information on eligibility and forms to apply for an EAD are available on the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services website.