Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Location – Within 1 hour commute of Solihull
Salary and benefits – Competitive salary plus company matched pension and two share options, plus numerous retails rewards and up to 10% off new Kier homes
Kier Buildings Central are looking to recruit an Assistant Quantity Surveyor who will report to the Senior Quantity Surveyor. The successful post-holder will be responsible for assisting the General Manager/Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor to provide commercial expertise by working within robust procedures to support the director and operational managers
The team and the region: The Solihull team have completed some outstanding projects to date and have a full order book moving forwards to continue this performance. This friendly and family felt office has a professional and dedicated team, coupled with the performance of Kier Buildings highlights this as a great opportunity.
- Support the project team in all commercial matters
- Liaise with the site teams and take the lead with contract administration, including record keeping.
- Ensure timely submission of valuations
- Ensure cash flow is maximised including ensuring payments are received on time
- Ensure the accurate and timely evaluation and agreement of final quantities, revised and additional items, rates and compensation events
- Identify additional entitlement under the contract including the monitoring of daily records
- Delegate commercial activities to other members of the team as appropriate
- Ensure that good records are kept in order that the full entitlement under the contract is achieved
- Identify and realise opportunities to maximise cost/value management.
- Assist with the preparation of accurate and timely monthly valuation reports.
- Assist with the procurement and management of subcontract packages.
- Assist with the internal valuations/VCR/End Life Forecasts.
- Evaluate risks and review project risk register.
- Assist with preparation of contractual claims.
- Measure and assess the work undertaken and then submit detailed, accurate and timely applications
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Qualified or working towards a HND/HNC or similar in Quantity Surveying
- Previous surveying or experience of working within a commercially focused environment
- Must be flexible and able to work as part of a team and using own initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to use a range of IT packages including Microsoft Office and bespoke packages
- Literate and Numerate
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Willing to undertake training and development when appropriate
How to applyVisit company website to submit your CV
Advertised until: 2019-02-29