OVERVIEWOur Mission: Provide Silicon Valley safe, clean water for a healthy life, environment and economy. The Office of District Counsel seeks an Administrative Assistant to join and become a valued member of their team. The Office of District Counsel supports all legal matters for Santa Clara Valley Water (now known as Valley Water), which is a public agency with an operating budget of $523 million, a staff of over 850 employees, and provides water supply to nearly two million people in Santa Clara County. Join our team and enjoy an exciting career that offers a competitive salary, amazing benefits, and be a part of making a difference in our community!
THE POSITIONTo perform a variety of high level administrative, secretarial, and clerical duties in support of the Office of the District Counsel, comprised of District Counsel and three Senior Assistant District Counsels and three Assistant District Counsels. We are looking for an independent thinker, who can take initiative and work efficiently, sometimes with limited direction. We must have someone who understands the confidential legal/ethics environment in which we operate, and pays strong attention to detail, as a large part of the position requires incumbent to proof, edit, and finalize confidential legal documents before they are submitted, or presented in a public forum. We need a politically astute, professional, dependable, and excellent verbal and written communicator.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE will have:
- Three or more years work experience in a legal office or environment under the supervision of an attorney, or legal staff.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point) and Adobe.
- Experience managing multiple calendars, developing and manipulating spreadsheets, data entry and processing invoices.
- Worked with multiple business partners, outside counsel, and have experience preparing, organizing, tracking and routing high priority documents and files.
- Experience scheduling conferences/webinars, seminars and meetings, including coordinating room setup and making travel arrangements.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, processes, invoices, and procurement.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of a legal office environment, including the legal-based ethics (confidentiality, office professionalism, and respect), and ability to manage confidential and sensitive matters with discretion and professionalism.
- Familiarity with discovery.
- Advanced experience with office administrative tasks and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task, focus, prioritize, and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Strong proofreading, formatting, and editing skills.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), and customer service orientation.
- Attention to detail, and demonstrate professional demeanor.
- Ability to develop strong working/professional relationships with different managers, other staff throughout Valley Water, and external partners.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Ideal Training and Education: Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by training in administrative support work, desktop software or a related field.
How to applyVisit company website to submit your CV
Advertised until: 2019-04-29