Applications are requested from international students to apply for the 2020/21 Quebec Merit Scholarship Program for Foreign Nationals (PBEEE) who are enrolled or intend to enrol in a full-time postgraduate studies.
The 2020 Quebec Merit Scholarship Programs for Foreign national has three components including doctoral, post-doctoral and short-term research levels. Applicants cannot apply directly to the agency as they must be nominated by a Quebec University. Only candidates nominated by a Quebec University may submit an application to the provincial competition.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): PBEEE
Scholarship to be taken at: Canada
Scholarship level: Postgraduate
Scholarship Slots: Several
Scholarship Worth: $12,000 – $35,000
Subject Eligibility: Courses tenable at the university
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for foreign students.
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the 2020 Quebec Merit Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies at Concordia University, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must meet all eligibility conditions at the closing date of the competition, commonly in late October, or a different closing date has to be confirmed for the students preselected by CSC.
- Must have been preselected by a university or the Reseau Trans-tech (a CCTT) before September.
- Cannot have already received a Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students from MEES, FRQNT or the Fonds de recherché du Quebec –Societe et culture (FRQSC).
- Cannot have applied for permanent resident status under Canadian immigration law.
- Double doctoral degree programs are not eligible.
- Applicants must possess relevant certifications required for each level of the Quebec Merit Scholarship Program.
Application Procedures for the 2020 Quebec Merit Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies at Concordia University
Applicants must submit their Pre-Selection Application Package to the Nominating Department at Concordia University before the application deadline. Referees of each applicant must submit Letter of Reference before the deadline.
Departments must submit a Nomination Package for each recommended candidate to the School of Graduate Studies via email by August 13, 2020.
Application Deadline: July 31st, 2020